Rust Converter Liquid Trigger Spray
£22.99 Sale • Save
- Simple to use, converts rust to a ready-to-paint surface with no need for a primer
- Fast acting rust converter, reacts with rust to convert it to a stable compound within 15 minutes
- Resists water vapour, oxygen, carbon dioxide and bacterial growth protecting treated areas for the long term
- Easy to apply, no need to rinse off or wipe, just leave to dry and the once rusted area is ready to paint
- You can repaint the treated metal surface with either water-based or oil-based paint
- Easy application with brush or trigger spray, to provide an even coverage, whilst covering a large surface area
- Coverage is 6 to 8 square meters per litre, offering great value
- JENOLITE: the experts in rust treatment since 1939
Easy to use, simply spray directly onto rust and watch as it gets to work, transforming rust into a ready to paint black / purple surface.
Download technical data (TDS) and manufacturer safety data sheets (MSDS).
Method of Use
- Remove all oil and grease with a suitable cleaner. Wire brush surface to remove all loose rust and brush away to a firm rust base. Shake Jenolite Rust Converter bottle well before use as product separates on storage.
- Brush apply an even thin coating to the surface area. Leave to dry.
- In approximately 15 minutes the rust will turn black. If not apply a second coating after 30 minutes.
- Leave the area for 3 to 24 hours ( dependent on the ambient temperature ) to fully cure before painting.
- Primer may not be necessary unless specifically specified by paint manufacturers. Ensure compatibility of paint coating before applications by carrying out a small test on an insignificant surface as there are numerous different paint formulations marketed.
- Wash brushes in cold water. Secure bottle cap after use.
- Do not return any surplus Jenolite Rust Converter to the original container after use.
- Any rust converter that may be splashed on to sound paint surfaces should be washed off immediately with water as staining may occur.
- Protect product from frost damage. Store between 5 and 15OC.
- Any precipitation in the product due to low temperature storage can usually be overcome by immersing the container for 10 to 15 minutes in hot water.
- Jenolite Rust Converter is a safe to use rust treatment which transforms rust into a stable hydrophobic complex. It is suitable for over coating with most traditional paints.
- The unique film properties of Jenolite Rust Converter provide:-An excellent barrier to water vapour, oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.
· Excellent salt spray resistance.
· Good chemical resistance i.e. to splash and spillage.
· Resistance to bacterial growth.
- The special chelating action of Jenolite Rust Converter to the rust will stabilise the surface and form a protective surface coating on drying. The surface will turn black.